DTE Energy Damage Prevention Specialist in New Milford, United States
Damage Prevention Specialist – Affiliate
Location: New Milford, Pennsylvania
The Damage Prevention Specialist is responsible for locating, marking and documenting various underground facilities, such as pipelines, electrical and automation cables, and any other underground facilities owned or operated by the Company.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Protect underground utilities from damage during projects involving excavations.
• Use a locator to locate and mark all utilities required by the company, willing to witness all 3rd party crossings, document, update ticket status and file all required paperwork.
• Responsible for using and taking care of locating equipment and hand tools.
• Must be a self-starter and be able to perform work with little supervision.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet required deadlines
• Instruct and/or perform evaluations associated with the PHMSA and company directed Operator Qualification program.
• Participate in prescribed Public Awareness events in which there is a focus on Damage Prevention and the One-Call program.
• Facilitate the one-call ticket management system and work to properly communicate and identify company owned assets to entities encroaching in proximity.
• Ability to understand and learn excavation best practices, OSHA regulations, and Managing Safe Work
• Maintain necessary operator qualifications to assist in the operation of natural gas pipelines and associated equipment including but not limited to reciprocating natural gas compressors, dehydrators, fluid separating equipment, valves, gas/liquid measurement equipment, etc.
• Implements safe work practices and a proactive safety culture while ensuring safety for the employee, the public, and the environment at all times.
• Continually meeting the demands and improving upon the needs of our customers.
• Establishes and maintains a near perfect driving record.
• Collaborates well with direct supervisor on new and improved ideas associated with an always changing pipeline system
• Performs other duties and special projects as may be assigned by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• High School Education or equivalent.
• Must have at least 2 years of experience in the following: valve maintenance, leak survey of natural gas pipelines, mechanical aptitude
• High integrity and self-motivated
• Valid driver's license and insurable by company standards
• Basic computer skills
• Ability to effectively present information in a one–on-one and small group situation to other employees of the company and outside contractors.
• Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, decimals).
• Good communication, problem solving and physical perceptive skills
• Must be able to work and perform without close supervision
• Team player
The physical demands characterized in the attached essential and marginal job functions epitomize those that must be met by an employee to properly perform the integral functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to reach with hands and arms above his head as well as stoop and kneel to reach items below his normal reach.
• The employee is frequently required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
• The employee is occasionally required to use sense of smell.
• Performs minor maintenance as necessary with medium to heavy lifting requirements. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Works unsupervised in field operations and works alone 90% of the time.
• Works in all types of weather.
• Available 24 hours per day for on-call and emergency situations.
• Must be able to remain calm and focused during emergency situations.
• Requires excellent driving skills and driving record.
• Frequently be exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
• Work in high, precarious places
• Work near toxic or caustic chemicals.
• The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); fumes or airborne particles; risk of electrical shock and vibration.
• The noise level in the work environment may be above 90 dB.
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Requisition ID: 17782