DTE Energy Senior Fuel Supply Equipment Operator (River Rouge) in River Rouge, Michigan
Senior Fuel Supply Equipment Operator (River Rouge)-10255
The future is bright at DTE Energy! We are the largest electric and gas utility in Michigan with an aspiration to be the best-operated energy company in North America. We are a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Detroit, Michigan with businesses in 26 different states.
DTE Energy’s utility and non-utility businesses are poised for significant growth. We look forward to working with highly motivated and team-oriented individuals to energize our efforts of growing economically and environmentally.
We care for our employees and prioritize their health and safety first. Recently, DTE Energy has been recognized as an outstanding place to work and has received the following accolades:
· Gallup Great Workplace Award for 3 consecutive Years! (2013, 2014 and 2015)
· Metropolitan Detroit’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to work For
· J.D. Power Customer Satisfaction Award
· Professional Women’s Magazine/Black EOE Journal “Best of the Best”
· Computerworld’s 100 Best Places to Work in IT
· Best Employers for a Healthy Lifestyle Gold Award
· Detroit Free Press Green Leaders Award
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Under indirect and intermittent supervision of Fuel Supply Foreman and/or work direction of another A Operator performs basic electrical and mechanical troubleshooting and performs switching and/or tagging of equipment (4160V and less).
-Operates control board, regulates systems and takes readings as required.
-While on patrol uses portable testers and local panels to monitor operating of all systems; checks battery chargers and batteries; trains and orients new employees; directs the work of other Fuel Supply Operators; and assists with all operations of the system. Performs duties of Fuel Supply Equipment Operator.
Tags 4160 V and less.
Operates plant-specific equipment
- Must be fully qualified as a Fuel Supply Equipment Operator.
- Must have two years’ experience operating two of the three various types of mobile equipment such as bulldozers, twin engine scrappers or a minimum of a five yard bucket front end loader. Letter from employers, which verify two years or more of hands on experience with mobile equipment, must be provided. Letters must be on company letterhead, dated signed by human resources, list equipment, dates employed. Must pass the Mobile Equipment Training with six months
and successfully complete Fuel Supply Equipment Operator JIT Program/Basic Electricity Certificate within 9 months of placement in this classification.
Must successfully complete the Advanced Electrical Fundamental, 4160 V Ragging and Switching Program and Advanced Mechanical Fundamental course within 9 months.
Must able to lift and handle approximately 70 pounds.
Must have a valid driver's license and meet company driving standard.
Must pass satisfactory physical examination.
Must work shifts as assigned.
Must take the Plant Operator Selection System POSS and attain a "Recommend" score. A PRACTICE TEST CAN BE FOUND ON THE DTEWEBSITE @ WWW.DTEENERGY.COM. CLICK ON CAREERS LINK; CLICK ON HIRING PROCESS; CLICK ON SKILLS TESTING.
Must successfully complete an 8-10 week training course at the Training and Development Center which will be your assigned location throughout the training period.
Job: Fossil Fuel Generation Operations & Maintenance
Title: Senior Fuel Supply Equipment Operator (River Rouge)
Primary Location: Michigan-River Rouge
Requisition ID: 10255