DTE Energy Manager Gas Storage Origination in Detroit, Michigan
*Manager Gas Storage Origination*
Location: Detroit, Michigan
The Manager, Gas Storage Origination is responsible for developing and maintaining all necessary external business relationships. This position leads development of new relationships and grows existing relationships to ensure profitability in line with company’s business plans, objectives and strategies. Responsibilities also include oversight and coordination of a team of originators and their business development. Working collaboratively with the Director of Storage and Optimization, Originators, Gas Scheduling and other assigned teams.
The successful candidate will build a dynamic footprint and collaborate on daily, monthly, seasonal, annual, and multi-year storage agreements, customer development, and peaking opportunities proactively. The ability to lead development
through simultaneously coordinating numerous tasks is required to turn their region into a significant profit generator.
• Develop and manage business with a focus on key customer relationships.
• Cultivate a key book of business serving as the lead deal maker.
• Develop strategic plans for specific region.
• Serve as internal and external expert and sponsor in market areas of interest.
• Understand legal, regulatory, and structuring concepts impacting customer and market development.
• Ensure all relevant internal controls are followed and develop new controls, as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field from an accredited instution, OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 3 years experience, at least, in natural gas analytics, structuring, sales, marketing, trading or origination.
• Thorough understanding of the physical natural gas grid.
• Understanding of financial tools available to manage risks associated with deal structures and harvesting of embedded optionality.
• Demonstrated success growing critical mass over multi-month and multi-year intervals.
• Ability to persevere during the development and introduction of new products, geographies and services as part of a performance based organization that values input and challenge from all team
• Excellent oral and communication skills.
• Working knowledge of Windows based software applications including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Requisition ID: 19769