DTE Energy Principal CAD Drafter - Mechanical in Detroit, Michigan
Principal CAD Drafter - Mechanical-10371
The future is bright at DTE Energy! We are the largest electric and gas utility in Michigan with an aspiration to be the best-operated energy company in North America. We are a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Detroit, Michigan with businesses in 26 different states.
DTE Energy’s utility and non-utility businesses are poised for significant growth. We look forward to working with highly motivated and team-oriented individuals to energize our efforts of growing economically and environmentally.
We care for our employees and prioritize their health and safety first. Recently, DTE Energy has been recognized as an outstanding place to work and has received the following accolades:
· Gallup Great Workplace Award for 3 consecutive Years! (2013, 2014 and 2015)
· Metropolitan Detroit’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to work For
· J.D. Power Customer Satisfaction Award
· Professional Women’s Magazine/Black EOE Journal “Best of the Best”
· Computerworld’s 100 Best Places to Work in IT
· Best Employers for a Healthy Lifestyle Gold Award
· Detroit Free Press Green Leaders Award
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Provide quality CAD drafting support for semi-complex to complex projects, utilizing Bentley Microstation V8i Select Series 3, as our primary CAD software, along with Bentley Descartes software for raster editing.
Review proposed project scope with Designer.
Provide project background research.
Provide labor estimates of drafting services for assigned projects.
Interface with other stakeholder groups, (distribution, corrosion,
communication and control, environmental, construction, codes and
standards, survey, etc.) as required.
- Provide production drafting services to create new, or edit existing, CAD
Create or update project bill of materials, as necessary.
Prepare final plan sets for delivery of:
a. AFB (approved for bidding) drawings
b. AFC (approved for construction) drawings
c. Final As-Built Records
Attend project meetings to report on status of CAD drafting involvement.
Provide on-site field measurements/investigation, unsupervised, as
- Provide cursory review of CAD drafting work, performed by others, internally
and/or externally, as needed.
- Work with team to oversee CAD drafting standards, file management and
- Work with team to recommend CAD hardware, software applications and
training requirements for continuous improvement initiatives.
• High school diploma
• Minimum of 5 years CAD experience (Microstation software experience is
preferred, AutoCAD experience is also welcome and we will expect some
measure of training for the qualified candidate)
• Firm understanding of plan and section views.
• Firm understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel software programs.
• General understanding of Microsoft Access database programs.
• Must possess a valid Michigan driver’s license.
• Must be able to interpret and/or prepare field sketches and photographs.
• Must have excellent command of the use of reference files and raster images
within CAD software.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
• Must be able to manage workload for multiple concurrent projects
Additional Qualifications by Discipline
• Minimum of 5 years of mechanical piping experience including firm
understanding of welded, flanged and threaded process piping assembly and
• Firm understanding of Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs)
• Complete understanding of isometric and schematic drawings
• Ability to provide basic design layout for fabrication details
• Must have a basic understanding of electrical power and control wiring
Job: Gas Distribution Operations & Maintenance
Title: Principal CAD Drafter - Mechanical
Primary Location: Michigan-Detroit
Requisition ID: 10371