DTE Energy Supervisor - Technical Training (Learning Management Systems) in Detroit, Michigan
Supervisor - Technical Training (Learning Management Systems)-10976
The future is bright at DTE Energy! We are the largest electric and gas utility in Michigan with an aspiration to be the best-operated energy company in North America. We are a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Detroit, Michigan with businesses in 26 different states.
DTE Energy’s utility and non-utility businesses are poised for significant growth. We look forward to working with highly motivated and team-oriented individuals to energize our efforts of growing economically and environmentally.
We care for our employees and prioritize their health and safety first. Recently, DTE Energy has been recognized as an outstanding place to work and has received the following accolades:
· Gallup Great Workplace Award for 3 consecutive Years! (2013, 2014 and 2015)
· Metropolitan Detroit’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to work For
· J.D. Power Customer Satisfaction Award
· Professional Women’s Magazine/Black EOE Journal “Best of the Best”
· Computerworld’s 100 Best Places to Work in IT
· Best Employers for a Healthy Lifestyle Gold Award
· Detroit Free Press Green Leaders Award
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
As DTE Energy energizes it strategy to build world class technical training operations, we will bring on multiple leader roles to establish organizational processes and build the foundation of this key enterprise priority. These roles report into the Technical Training Organization and collaborate with business unit SMEs and training contacts to create a seamless partnership with the business units to move DTE toward best operated in North America.
The Supervisor- Technical Training (Learning Systems) will provide direction and supervision regarding Learning Management System (LMS) operation, user experience, catalog composition, vendor relationship, and courseware assignment functionality. Also, responsible for LMS reporting constructs, and linkages to/from other upstream and downstream systems and feeds. Leads learning administrator, as well as system administrator forums and supports eventual transition to upgraded LMS.
Supervises and coordinates the day-to-day activities of technical training staff. Accountable for the unit’s performance, meeting area objectives, the interpretation and consistent application of applicable policies and ensuring that its activities are consistent with management-determined priorities. This is the first level of full supervision and leads non-exempt and/or exempt personnel and/or contract personnel.
Plans, supports and provides input to training functions including scheduling/delivery, curriculum development, learning systems, qualifications and reporting. Responsible for training and mentoring subordinate staff and assigning work. Decisions are guided by policies, procedures or a business plan; receive guidance and oversight from manager. May perform the work being supervised.
• Builds strategic working relationships with technical training business partners, as well as internal and external connections.
• Develops challenging short and long-term group plans and objectives aligned with those of business partners.
• Develops, implements and administers technical training policies and procedures including: design/development, scheduling and delivery, qualifications and reporting, learning systems administration, and learning evaluation.
• Employs continuous improvement to enhance processes, and team synergy using best practices and standard shared methodology.
• Ensures the development and implementation of competitive, best practices as they pertain to assigned functional area within technical training.
• Reviews and analyzes new methodologies, tools and technologies to support more efficient and effective learning strategies.
• Builds and executes project plans, prepares presentations and executive summaries on assigned initiatives, as needed.
• Conducts effective meetings and manages the meeting process with optimal results.
• Applies a customer-focused approach in establishing and maintaining productive internal and external client relationships.
• Assists with Corporate-wide initiatives, as needed.
• Implements strategic initiatives within technical training, as needed.
Education and experience requirements can be satisfied through one of the following options:
Minimum: High School Diploma and eight years of professional experience in support of technical operations, processes, tools, methodologies, systems or related processes, OR
Bachelor’s degree and five years of professional experience in support of technical operations, processes, tools, methodologies, systems or related processes
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Technical Training, Instructional Design, Education, HR or related area.
Preferred: Proficiency in the use of Microsoft business applications and Learning Management System functionality (Cornerstone, or SAP SuccessFactors preferred).
• Ability to provide leadership, guidance and consulting to others and/or the management of project teams.
• Ability to work collaboratively and independently.
• Advanced knowledge of technical training and adult learning processes and tools.
• Analytical and decision making skills: understands complex business unit issues and translates into a variety of potential solutions.
• Ability to build effective customer-focused business relationships with all levels of employees, including executives.
• Ability to prioritize and produce results on key initiatives.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral, written and presentation).
Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the activities and accountabilities, and utilize varying combinations of the competencies cited in this description, depending on the organization and role to which they’re assigned. This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents in this job. It is not intended as an all-inclusive list of accountabilities or responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit the right of any supervisory or management representative to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
Job: Human Resources
Title: Supervisor - Technical Training (Learning Management Systems)
Primary Location: Michigan-Detroit
Requisition ID: 10976